It happens to every cosplayer at some point before a convention season really starts to pick up- they start to worry and pretty soon there are no nails on your fingers from chewing them. I am at this stage. I have about a month and a half before MomoCon in Atlanta. However, all of my cosplays are about 90% done. The problem? – The props.
I refuse to go to a convention until everything is complete and meets my satisfaction. Garment wise we are OK… sort of. Jack Frost is perfect and was debuted at Toronto ComiCon 2016 a couple weeks ago:
Originally I thought I would style the wig to match the character… but i kind of like the way it is now. I may change my mind before MomoCon though. I will also try to find transparent flip flops, or at least brown colored ones.
I plan to spend the remainder of this weekend fixing a few areas.
Sailor Saturn needs the following adjustments:
- Finish Gloves (while also doing a tutorial on how to make them)
- Start molding star-shaped molds for resin
- Try to get skirt to curl even further
- Move sleeves to cover some threaded areas
- Add purple trim to boots
- (possibility) add some purple pearls around waist
Dark Magician Girl needs the following adjustment:
- Shoulder armor came undone on one side, need to sew it back up
- Find some shoes to glue to the boot sleeves
- DO THE STUPID HAT AGAIN!
- Make resin molds and figure out how to attach to garment.
Now that I look at the list above my stress is just rising. That is a lot to do, considering tomorrow is Sunday. On top of all of this I have my props to worry about.
I love the props. This is always the part that I look forward to doing and I don’t want to rush through it. I just ordered a new jumbo roll of WonderFlex and I am also trying something new: Worbla Transparent
That’s right! It is transparent now! I am so excited to be using this for the first time. I plan on making both Saturn’s Glaive and DMG’s staff light up and now I can hide the LED light wire inside the transparent sleeve. So I am very pleased. My only problem is that I won’t be able to get working on the props until mid May, about 1-2 weeks before MomoCon. So I will have to dedicate any free time I have right now to fixing the costumes and then spend a solid 1-2 weeks working on the props. GAH! So much to do so little time!
Convention Line Up Thus Far:
- MomoCon 2016 – Atlanta, GA
- Ancient City Con – Jacksonville, FL
- Anime Festival Orlando – Orlando, FL
- DragonCon – Atlanta, GA
- FrostCon – Toronto (if it is being held this year)